Education

JAMB Officially Releases 2017 UTME Supplementary Results.

on

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board
(JAMB) has described its supplementary Unified
Tertiary Matriculation Examintion (UTME) held
across 170 centres nationwide as satisfactory.
The board’s Head of Media and Information, Dr
Fabian Benjamin, made the remark in an interview
with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos
on Saturday.
The board’s Registrar, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, had
after the conduct of the main examination that
held between May 10 and May 20 announced the
cancellation of 59,698 results of the 1.7 million
candidates.
He hinged the cancellation on what he had
described as ‘organised malpractice.’
Oloyede also announced the blacklisting of 48
Computer Based Test Centres (CBTs) over their
involvement in extortion and organised
examination malpractice during the same
examination.
He, however, noted that the board had fixed July 1
for supplementary examination for candidates who
had registered late for this year’s UTME.
Oloyede added that some of the candidates, whose
results were cancelled, would also take part in the
rescheduled examination, having discovered that
they were not directly involved in such
malpractice.
He also listed other categories of candidates with
issues such as biometric non-verification machine
related issues, technical and logout issues,
incomplete results and candidates who lost
examination sessions due to malfunctioning of
servers at the affected centre as those to
participate in the supplementary UTME.
Oloyede had noted that the decision to allow the
candidates sit for the rescheduled examination was
reached after a thorough review of all the reports
that emanated from their centres.
According to Benjamin, however, no fewer than
85,000 candidates participated in the
supplementary examination.
“I must say we are happy with the conduct of the
rescheduled examination. In fact the conduct of the
examination in all the centres was satisfactory.
“We did not anticipate any challenges and I must
say it was well monitored going by the fact that the
number of candidates that participated was just a
fraction of the number that had sat for the
examination earlier in May.
“Having said this, however, we do not envisage
coming across issues that led to the cancelation of
results of some candidates after the main
examination.
“ But in an event where we come across any, we
will not hesitate to cancel such results again.
“We have just concluded the examination and Students can Begin to check their results Now” as he said.
NAN reports that no fewer than five centres were
used in the conduct of the examination in Lagos.

Check Your Result in any of those result checking portal links..

I recommend Link 1

Link 1

Link 2

About Nwagboso Ifeanyi

My name is Nwagboso Ifeanyi...I am a World technical blogger/Journalist. I just love Sharing Gossips!.

Recommended for you

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *